Damon Horowitz of Aardvark, a social search engine, who is both a computer scientist specializing in artificial intelligence and a professor of philosophy, makes the case that AI shouldn’t be about simulating human intelligence, but should be facilitating human interactions.
Andy Beal’s (@andybeal) Marketing Pilgrim blog has sponsored its fourth annual Seach Engine Marketing scholarship contest worth more than $10,000 to the winner. It is too late to enter the contest, but every online marketer can learn from the entries. Below is a list of the submissions.
- You Know You Work In Search When You…
- 15 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started as an Internet Marketer
- The Small Business PPC Art of War
- Holistic Online Marketing
- Oh, That’s Right, We Don’t Need SEO Standards
- SEM & Job Recruitment
- SEO by You
- How to Kick Ass with a Mobile Website
- Why Iran, Perez Hilton, and The US Open relate to SEO
- Game Changing Principles – Enabler SEO
- 9 SEO Tips for Attractive Search Engine Friendly Web Design
- How to Write Hundreds of Unique Articles from One Article with MS Excel – Article Theme Versioning
Not only is Seth Godin a great presenter, he is also right on the money. Interruption marketing is less effective every day. Consumers are changing, communications technology is changing, and marketing needs to change too.
One of many key concepts in this presentation is the long tail, where room is made for all kinds of ventures to be successful. Yes, the big players will own the major keywords. But anyone can own a profitable slice of the ever-growing pie. (The pie is search).